South Africa is a large country and Africa a large continent. The Festival has to be spread over a number of days as the accessibility to the final venue is some distance from larger international transport nodes. The programme for 2019 is proposed as follows:
Wednesday 20 November:-
- Delegates to be transferred from the Cape Town International airport to designated accommodation and Opening Event.
- The opening event will be held in or near Cape Town with a Gala Dinner, including a Welcome from Dignitaries.
Thursday 21 November:-
- Delegates and speakers will be transported to final destination by bus, allowing them to enjoy the scenery of the Western Cape.
- A stop over for a light lunch en route,
- The journey will continue (with stop-over included for a beverage in Beaufort West) to Karoo-town of Victoria West, situated in the Northern Cape Province.
- Delegates will be checked into various local Guesthouses, BnB’s, in the Victoria West.
- Dinner will be held at various locations, where typical Karoo food and superb South African wines will be served.
- An option to see the stars through telescopes will be included in the programme
Friday 22 November
- 09h00 – 12h30 Filming Conference/Workshops
- 13h00 – 17h30 Excursion to Loxton/Richmond – Tour Guides to be on Busses
- 14h30 to 16h30 Screening of movies to the public and High School Learners
- 15h00 – 16h30 Cocktails on Moonlight Mountain
- 19h00 Dinner at Meldon Wold, the oldest Guest House in South Africa persons
Saturday 23 November:
- 10h00 – 13h30 Filming Conference/Workshops
- 13h30 – 16h30 Picnic and Game Drives
- 18h00 – 22h00 Gala Dinner and Awards
The Award Ceremony will be held in the Apollo Theatre followed by a Gala Dinner in the Town Hall. The trophies for the Awards will be a Calabash with different rock art painting of the indigenous people of Africa symbolizing the different categories. They will be made and painted by local indigenous artists of the Northern Cape.
On all days, local artist and crafters will sell their wares in and around the Apollo Theatre.
Sunday 24 November
- Depart for Cape Town by bus
- Stop at wine farm for light lunch and wine tasting